The Elizabeth Taber Library’s Databases include:
- Your library card is good at the over 70 libraries of the SAILS library network. You can RESERVE materials from any library to be picked up at the library of your choice.
- To search iBistro, the SAILS catalog, you will need your library barcode and your PIN which is usually the last four digits of your phone number.
- You can also RENEW items checked out on your library card. Click on My Account at the top of the iBistro home page and follow the directions.
- America’s News: Search current and archived coverage of issues, events, people, government, sports and more with the largest collection of full-text U.S. newspapers. Includes staff-written articles, obituaries, editorials, announcements, real estate and other sections. (Clicking the link will will prompt remote patrons to enter their library card number in order to access information).
Papers for MA that are included:
- Berkshire Eagle, The 12/31/2003-Current Pittsfield Newspapers
Boston Examiner 10/03/2008-Current Boston Web-Only Sources
Boston Herald 07/26/1991-Current Boston Newspapers
Cape Cod Chronicle, The 01/18/2001-Current Chatham Newspapers
Cape Cod Times 11/01/1998-Current Falmouth Newspapers
Daily Hampshire Gazette 01/03/1994-Current Northampton Newspapers
Daily News of Newburyport, The 07/30/2008-Current Newburyport Newspapers
Eagle-Tribune, The 06/11/2008-Current Lawrence Newspapers
Enterprise, The 07/05/2000-Current Brockton Newspapers
Gloucester Daily Times 07/13/2008-Current Gloucester Newspapers
Groton Landmark 09/18/2001-Current Groton Newspapers
Herald News, The 04/30/2000-Current Fall River Newspapers
Milford Daily News, The 09/18/2005-Current Milford Newspapers
Nantucket Independent, The 03/02/2005-Current Nantucket Newspapers
North Adams Transcript 11/25/2003-Current North Adams Newspapers
Patriot Ledger, The 07/01/2000-Current Quincy Newspapers
Pepperell Free Press 09/18/2001-Current Pepperell Newspapers
Public Spirit, The 09/18/2001-Current Ayer Newspapers
Recorder, The 03/05/1997-Current Greenfield Newspapers
Republican, The 06/13/1988-Current Springfield Newspapers
Salem News, The 07/17/2008-Current Beverly Newspapers
Sentinel & Enterprise 09/14/2001-Current Fitchburg Newspapers
Sentinel, The 07/26/2007-Current Marion Newspapers
Shirley Oracle 09/18/2001-Current Shirley Newspapers
Shrewsbury Chronicle 08/04/2005-Current Shrewsbury Newspapers
Springfield Examiner 01/14/2011-Current Springfield Web-Only Sources
Sun Chronicle, The 11/14/2006-Current Attleboro Newspapers
Sun, The 10/14/2001-Current Lowell Newspapers
Taunton Daily Gazette 05/01/2000-Current Taunton Newspapers
Townsend Times 09/18/2001-Current Townsend Newspapers
Valley Advocate 09/26/1996-Current Easthampton Newspapers
Valley Dispatch, The 10/12/2004-Current Dracut Newspapers
Waltham News Tribune 03/26/2001-Current Waltham Newspapers
Worcester Telegram & Gazette 01/01/1989-Current
- Grolier Online a reference resource for students of all ages.
- The library’s license includes the Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia, for elementary school age and beyond;
- The New Book of Knowledge, for grades three and up;
- Lands and Peoples, geared to middle school students and older, and
- the Book of Popular Science, geared to middle school and older.
- America the Beautiful history and current events of the 50 states
- Grolier Online is available at the library on the Data computer in the Children’s area, as well as on our website which you may access from home or other internet source
- To use the database click here >Grolier Online.
- You will need your SAILS library card number and a PIN number (which is typically the last four digits of your phone number) to access the resource.
- Virtual Catalog
- Can’t find what you are looking for in iBistro? Search for materials in libraries beyond the SAILS network using the Virtual Catalog.
- The Library’s collection includes books, magazines, audio cassettes, museum passes and a rental collection of videos and DVDs. Please see our Policies for more information on how to check out items.
- Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners
- Search for magazine articles or find information in reference books and special databases