Patrons are now able to borrow iPads at the Elizabeth Taber Library!
For more details, please view the iPad lending policy below, call us at 508-748-1252, or email the Director.
iPad Lending Policy at the Elizabeth Taber Library:
- There are 2 iPads available for check out. iPads can be checked out for SEVEN days from the Elizabeth Taber Library by current library users.
- Only one iPad can be checked out per person. Under no circumstances will a user be allowed to check out an iPad for another person.
- A patron interested in checking out an iPad must provide their library card and photo ID at the time of check out. No exceptions will be made for this.
- If there are any fines on your library account, you may not borrow an iPad until all your fines are cleared.
- All iPads and accessories must be returned to the Library Circulation Desk during regular operating hours. Please DO NOT place them in the Library drop box as this could potentially damage the checked out iPad and the patron will be responsible for any and all damages incurred.
- The loan period is for a 7 day check out. No exceptions will be made for longer loan periods.
- iPads are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. The Library cannot guarantee that an iPad will be available. iPads cannot be renewed. The Library does not take reservations.
- There is a possible 24-hour turnaround time for maintenance on returned iPads.
FINES AND DAMAGES
- A $5.00 late fee will be assessed for each day that the iPad is returned past its due date. Fines will be recorded on the borrower’s library record and may result in borrowing and registration restrictions.
- A $2.00 late fee will be assessed for each day that the iPad power cord and adapter is returned past its due date. Fines will be recorded on the borrower’s library record and may result in borrowing and registration restrictions.
- The replacement cost is $400 for a lost or stolen iPad. Repair costs, plus an additional processing fee, for a damaged iPad will range depending on the severity.
- The working condition of the iPad will be assessed before checkout and upon its return. Users are responsible for damage to and/or loss or theft of loaned units. Users are required to report any problems experienced with the iPad during their borrowing period.
PERSONAL DATA AND INFORMATION
- All personal data, apps, files, or documents saved to the iPad will be permanently erased after the device is returned.
- Users must sign-out of all personal accounts, services, and apps prior to returning the device.
- Each iPad comes with a suite of preloaded sample files and applications, but users may sync additional data and applications, with the understanding that all data will be wiped and replaced with the standard preloaded files and apps when the iPad is returned to the Library.
- Any additional apps or media purchased by the borrower during the loan period must be done with the borrower’s own funds, and is not the responsibility of the Library.